Friday, November 8, 2013

RHS Band Marches at UCM Homecoming

Just remembered that I had done nothing with the one and only parade we got to watch this year!  The Ruskin High School Golden Eagle Marching Band marched well in Warrensburg.  We thoroughly enjoyed the parade.  This was Ainsley's first time out as our primary photographer and videographer and she did a fabulous job.  She took more than 200 photos of the parade!  That's far too many to share, so I will only share a few.
 
We loved the bands.  There were SO many from surrounding school districts.  I was especially impressed at the bands who marched along, some with fewer than 20 members and with drums/sousaphones that were clearly aged and infirm.  But they were great! 
 
 
I especially loved the bands in black and gold uniforms.  Plus, this band had capes.  Everybody loves a good cape when they are marching.
 
 
 
And look at this twirler!  I thought Ainsley did a great job of catching her demeanor.  She was doing an amazing job of twirling and tossing and catching that baton without looking the least bit stressed out.  She was just marching along, la-di-da, not a care in the world, and never dropped it!
 
 
 
After a VERY long wait, we finally got to see Ruskin.  The first pass by, we realized we were on the wrong side of the street.  You can barely see Jarom in this first video.
 
 
We cut across an alley so we could watch the band go by again.  This time, we did a better job of positioning ourselves so we could see Jarom.  In the process, I came close to knocking over an innocent bystander.  Fortunately, he was a good sport.  You can hear him cheering the band on.
 
 
In the last video, we are mostly behind the band.  We knew we had to quit following them at this time, but they were starting up my favorite cadence and it is pretty fun to watch them go!
 


2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I played the violin, so did not get to march. Obviously. But it looked so fun. I was always a little jealous of the band. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison! Your jealousy was appropriate. I didn't always love band, but I did love marching.

    ReplyDelete