Friday, March 15, 2013

Update on the Hate

Just a quick post:  In spite of my general dislike of the smell and taste of many essential oils, I am adjusting.  Gradually, I am coming to depend on the most detestable (in smell and flavor) of all oil blends:  DigestZen.  If I have a bout of nausea, it helps quickly.  In my last post, I had taken DigestZen internally in a capsule because I find the taste so offensive.  Since then, I have been using it quite often and have found that it works more quickly if I just take a drop of it without the capsule.  It is strong, but it is not any worse than your standard cough medicine.  When I take it this way, it also works quickly and clears my sinuses at the same time. 


In addition, on the very rare occasion that I have heartburn, DigestZen calms it very quickly.  I am hoping that using it regularly will also help to calm the reflux that has damaged my vocal chords.  This type of reflux (Laryngopharyngeal Reflux or LPR) normally does not cause pain or burning, so there is no warning that it is causing damage.  At this point, it is just hope and speculation, but I feel confident that I won't do any additional damage by trying.

Another oil that I am using frequently:  melaleuca.  No joke!  I use it on cuts or scrapes, which happen frequently around here.  It is supposed to help all manner of skin ailments, so I am also hoping it may help to conquer the dandruff that is running rampant in our household!

More to come later. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I have finally been able to get most of them down in the capsules, some if they have citrus bases I can take with oj,but the capsules are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the capsules are best! I really want to like some of the oils (like Slim and Sassy or lemon) in my water, but I just don't. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete